Mental Health Support Workers – Wakefield
Currently seeking motivated agency Mental Health Support Workers in Wakefield who are focused on providing exceptional standards of care services and understands the benefits of coaching and working alongside a team to get the best from them.
As an NHS approved supplier Local Care Force have new and exciting roles in your local area. With offices in Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield and York we cover the whole of Yorkshire and the North West.
The main responsibilities of the role to work in Wakefield within supported living services, mental health hospitals, Hostels, LD residential, Day centres, drug and alcohol rehab centres, rehab units and community work. You will be supporting adults, with multiple learning difficulties, challenging behaviours and complex needs.
To be considered, the ideal candidate will hold at least 6 months paid experience within a care related environment in the last 2 years.
Main responsibilities of the Support Worker
- Work within supported living services, mental health hospitals, Hostels, LD residential, day centres, drug and alcohol rehab centres, rehab units and community work. You will be supporting adults with multiple learning disabilities, challenging behaviours and complex needs
- Check each resident's needs and progress
- Provide personal care, which could include bathing, toileting, dressing and feeding
- Create a safe and positive living environment.
- Set rules for young people's behaviour.
- Teach daily living skills such as budgeting, shopping and claiming benefits.
- Provide leisure and creative activities in a safe and supportive setting.
- Help residents to deal with problems and become independent.
- Liaise with residents' families.
- Work with other health and care professionals.
Requirements of the Support Worker
- At least 6 months paid experience within a care related environment in the last 2 years.
- Previously completed all mandatory training (that is refreshed, free of charge)
- Will be subject to a DBS check.
- Have a genuine interest in people’s welfare and a caring attitude.
Local Care Force is an REC affiliated award winning agency and is committed to providing the best possible care and with outstanding values you will be well on the road to success!
To apply please contact Diane at Local Care Force on 0330 6600 644 or send through a copy of your CV and we will contact you.
Please see how we handle your data: http://www.localcareforce.co.uk/how-we-use-your-data